For details on Forte error codes, please refer to below link:
Description of few common errors is stated below:
- U10: DUPLICATE TRANSACTION - Forte has a default 5min timer preventing accidental duplicate transactions from the same card same amount. If you want to change this timer or remove it altogether just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your merchant ID
- U83: NSF - means that there are Not sufficient funds in donor's bank account
- U83: INVALID ACCT - It is due to new card issued to the donor. Please contact donor for updated credit card information
- U83: DECLINE - card declined by the card issuer Visa, MC, Amex, Discover
- U83: Expired Card: Please contact the card holder to get his/her card renewed.
- U83 PIC UP: The U83 error code is a decline directly from the authorizer. We would recommend to contact the number on the back of the card to determine why the authorizer is not allowing the transaction to approve.
- U80: The donor's account has been placed on Forte’s known bad list due to rejected payments by Donor's bank. The donor’s bank first reject the payment due to a reason such as insufficient funds, request from donor to stop payment, account closed etc. The payment information must be updated otherwise the transaction will continue to decline every month.
- U02 ACCOUNT NOT APPROVED- Customer account is in Forte's "known bad" account list (EFT only). Please send email to Forte's customer service at email@example.com or call 866.290.5400 Option 1, Monday – Friday, 7am – 7pm CST. with your Merchant ID, error code, donor's name and transaction details for resolution of the issue. They will assist you in this regard.
- U78 DISALLOWED ACH SEC CODE- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Merchant ID and Merchant Name and ask them to enable SEC code ARC and WEB for their account.
- Authentication Is Invalid - This error occurs due to incorrect Forte credentials. In order to resolve this issue, please send email to Forte's customer service at email@example.com or call 866.290.5400 Option 1, Monday – Friday, 7am – 7pm CST. with your Merchant ID, API Login ID, Real-Time Password and Secure Transaction Key.
- FORTE ERROR (doDirectPayment): E: Email is invalid is an error only due to incorrect email address of donor; it's not a decline therefore transaction will be processed and credited into their bank account.
- R03 - Unable to Locate Account : Account number entered did not correspond to an actual bank account so the Forte was not able to pull funds. Most likely there was an error in either the bank account or routing no. Please contact the donor to confirm the bank info
- If 'Parent Transaction not found or in Settling State' error
appears, it means that the parent transaction, (which can be $1 the transaction
processed for recurring setup) has been voided or still in settling state. Due
to this the upcoming transaction is also rejected. We suggest to customers to cancel all the remaining transactions and
set-up a new recurring transaction.
- Forte Error U19: Invalid TRN: This error is displayed when incorrect routing number is entered while processing transaction.
- If any merchant wants to remove option of AMEX and Discover credit
card processing from their account so the transactions using these two cards
cannot be processed. In this case Forte needs an email along with the Merchant
ID requesting to disable AMEX and Discover processing. email needs to be sent at firstname.lastname@example.org
- U56 Card Type Not Allowed: If credit card (AMEX/Visa/Discover/MasterCard) is used by donor after deactivation on Merchant Account by organization/masjid, then the transaction will be declined with U56
"Card Type Not Allowed” error code.
- E: Address1 is invalid: This error occurred if address includes comma.
- U83: TRANS NOT PERMITTED: If any particular CC transaction is not enabled on your MID(s). You will need to get it enabled from Forte to process those CC transactions. You are requested to please send an email to Forte requesting to enable the option of transaction processing via that specific CC for MID(s) at email@example.com and copy us firstname.lastname@example.org
PREAUTH DECLINE: Transaction was
declined due to a pre-authorization (Forte Verify) result. Forte Verify is a subscription service that looks up the
status of an echeck account to determine if the customer account is valid and
in good standing.
AUTH DECLINE: The transaction was declined by
the authorizer. To determine the reason for the declination, contact the number
on the back of the card.
- U04: MONTHLY TRANSACTION LIMIT EXCEEDED Daily and Monthly ACH-Credit limits are being exceeded, therefore, to resolved this issue a limit increase will be required.