These steps by step instructions will guide you to retrofit existing MOHID Plus KIOSKs to the new Contactless card readers.
WARNING: Only upgrade your KIOSK hardware once you will receive the Merchant account credentials from WorldNet and you have completed the steps from the following guide :
- Unplug the current Magnetic Strip Reader from the USB port and unscrew the reader from the back.
- Only take out the 2 screws mentioned in the picture below.
- Install the Upgrade kit you received and place the screws which come with the kit (and the hex bolts) through the existing holes.
- Tighten the hex nuts and connect the USB cable to the USB port of the KIOSK.
- Note: If your KIOSK is purchased before 2019 , please check the Andrid version of the KIOSK or contact support for how to check Android version. If the Android version is 4.4.2 or 4.4.4 you must follow the instructions from below link to upgrade the security of your KIOSK and detect the new EMV reader.If your KIOSK Android version is Android 6.0 you can directly go to step 6 below.
- Upgrade the KIOSK to the latest MOHID Plus version (13.0.10)
- Go to KIOSK Settings (by double tapping on top left circle in KIOSK screen) and check "EMV Reader Connected"Click SUBMIT
- KIOSK will start Registering the API and the Card Reader with the server. Once the process will be completed you will see following symbol on the Top Right corner of the KIOSK
The KIOSK is now ready to take the Contactless and Chip based Payments !!NOTE:
- Donot throw the Magnetic strip reader (old card reader) . You can always switch back to old reader , in case of emergency or if the new card reader has any issues for some reason.
- You can also connect the old card reader with PC/Laptop and use it with MOHID Admin dashboard to take in person Credit card based payments